Tuesday, January 7, 2014

Day Two: Eat everything!

DAY TWO

I have to keep telling myself this is going to get easier! I feel like I am hungry no matter what I eat, I even calculated my calories out to make sure I'm eating as much as I usually do and I am. I attribute this to my body converting from using sugar as fuel to using more protein and fat based meals for fuel. The book says this is normal and should clear up by day five. Lol I pray I make it there. I am not really craving sweets as much as I am craving a giant roll with butter....and maybe some jam. Ryan says he has had a headache all day, and he told me he would pay $20.00 for a Mountain Dew haha!

I started my morning with a chest workout, twenty minutes of cardio, and this lovely ab circuit:

10 Lying Leg Raises
20 Bicycle crunches
40 second Plank
20 Crunches (legs straight up)
30 second Left Side Plank
30 second Right Side Plank

Repeat 4X.
Feel the Burn:)

Here is what we ate today:

Breakfast: 21 Day Sugar Detox Apple Streusel Muffins, the same ones I ate yesterday morning. Still pretty good for a day two reheat! See day one post for recipe.

11:30 AM: Generous piece of Paleo Banana Bread with butter (the book recommends using ghee instead of butter). See day one post for recipe.
Just perusing the NO list before we went grocery shopping!

1:00 PM: Green Smoothie, extra large handful of spinach, 8 oz almond milk, 1 T Almond Butter, 1/4 of a Banana



4:00 PM: One cup of baked Butternut Squash (while I cooked dinner)

Dinner: Pumpkin Cream Chicken Casserole (we omitted the spaghetti squash) from paleoomg.com with leftover Paleo Detox Salad from fedandfit.com (see day one post for recipe.)


We are also considering making the Moo-less Chocolate Mousse from the 21 Day Sugar Detox Book tonight ;). 


Today we also went grocery shopping for our food for the next week and possibly further. We usually plan out enough meals for one week and buy the ingredients, but with leftovers it often lasts a week and a half or more. So my PSA for the day is that healthy eating is not that much more expensive than processed eating. In fact after years as a cashier at a grocery store, I would argue that processed eating is MUCH MORE expensive! I hate hate hate when I hear people say they can't afford to eat healthy. Shop the sales, go to more than one store, modify the recipe! Also, use your local caselot sales to stock up on healthy basics like chicken stock, diced tomatoes, beans, etc. We spent $47.00, for one week of food and here is our cart:

Now would I love to buy organic locally raised chicken? YES, but that is not in our budget right now. Would I love to be a canned coconut milk snob and only buy the top brands? YES, but that is not in our budget. You can modify recipes, buy on sale items, and eat healthy on a modest budget. So, no excuses!

On to DAY THREE!!:)


No comments:

Post a Comment

About me

Flickr Images

Popular Posts

Flickr Images

Popular Posts