Sunday, January 12, 2014

Day Six & Seven: Pizza n' Pancakes

DAY SIX & SEVEN

Day Six
Yesterday may have been my worst day on the detox, I had absolutely no energy. I didn't get as much sleep as I usually do the night before so maybe that played a part in it. I did a workout in the afternoon and I literally felt like I was dragging myself through it. I didn't even finish all of the things I had planned and just ended up on the spin bike for twenty five minutes trying to make myself feel like I had actually accomplished something! I ended up with a 420 calorie burn and that's good enough for me!

I always write my workouts down like this to keep me on track in the gym, if it's on the list it gets done (except for yesterday lol). Plan what you are going to do before you get there and I promise you will see more results.

Here is what I ate yesterday:

Breakfast: Green Smoothie- handful of kale, handful of spinach, 1/4 of banana, 2 Tablespoons chia seeds, almond milk, and a 1/4 C of blueberries

Lunch: Okay so lunch was a bit of a slip-up. My dad came up and took my sisters and I to Olive Garden. I did eat soup and salad, but I made the best choice I could. AND I skipped on the breadsticks, croutons, and Andes mint at the end.

Dinner: Spaghetti Squash Pizza (YUM!!) from Jo and Sue. I didn't take a picture, but here is the link to the recipe: http://joandsue.blogspot.ca/2013/03/spaghetti-squash-crust-pizza.html . If you want it to be more crust like do not skip the step of ringing the moisture out of the spaghetti squash prior to forming the crust, this is a crucial step for cauliflower pizzas too.

After dinner my cravings were out of control and I went to our bedroom to read a book, meanwhile my cute husband made the best on plan dessert I have ever had! It was a Chocolate Chia Seed Pudding, as always I do not know exact measurements for my husband's recipes. But here is what was in it:
Chia Seeds
Canned Coconut Milk
One Banana
Cocoa Powder
Cinnamon 
Vanilla
Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.

I could have eaten the whole freaking bowl!

Day Seven

This morning I woke up and hit the gym for an awesome shoulder workout, my energy has definitely returned! On Sundays I really like to eat pancakes, so this morning I made this on plan coconut flour pancake recipe for brunch: Vanilla Pancakes from the Food Lover's Kitchen.

I cut the recipe in half and got one GIANT pancake for breakfast at just under 300 calories with the blueberries. Ryan work's Sundays so I am on my own this morning!

Tonight will be Sunday dinner at Ryan's parents house. We are going to stay as on plan as we can and bring a side that we can eat. I cannot believe that we have made it one whole week, only two more weeks to go!
Happy Sunday!




No comments:

Post a Comment

About me

Flickr Images

Popular Posts

Flickr Images

Popular Posts