Friday, January 10, 2014

Day Five: A Movie with NO FOOD

DAY FIVE

Hello :).

Today was Friday and day five of the sugar detox, still going strong! I was busy most of the day which was helpful but also left me near starvation by the time I got home. We went to Ender's Game tonight at the cheap theatres because that is what poor married people do. Such a good movie :). I did feel a little grumpy about the fact that everyone in the theatre had candy, or popcorn. And I caught Ryan eyeing up a few people with 44 oz sodas lol, he has really been craving Mountain Dew today. I surprisingly am having very few cravings, in fact I really feel great. I am experiencing clear day-lasting energy, sleeping through the night, and feeling extremely positive. This detox feels like a blessing, and I am hoping I can keep a lot of the habits I am picking up.

Here is what we ate today:

Breakfast: Last night I prepped Chia Seed pudding which I have been apprehensive about trying for a long time. The key measurement is three tablespoons of chia seeds per one cup of milk, and allow it to refrigerate overnight. I did three tablespoons of chia seeds, one cup of almond milk, cinnamon, vanilla, and 1/4 cup of blueberries. It was delicious!

Lunch: I ate cold leftover Pizza Soup in my car before I drove to my internship. I also had two Almond Butter Cups. It was still good cold....or I was hungry :). See previous post for recipes.

Dinner: Paleo Chicken Pad Thai from thepaleomom.com


A very blurry picture of my bowl after we garnished with cilantro and green onions. I was very apprehensive about the fish sauce in this recipe, and even after we added it I was convinced I was going to bed hungry lol. But when we got everything combined and sat down to eat it was very yummy and filling. I would make it again! (we omitted the coconut aminos to keep costs down)

After the movie we went to the grocery store and the first thing we saw upon walking in was a giant tower of Mountain Dew, haha Ry about died. But all we left with was unsweetened shredded coconut so I could make these babies:

Not-Sweet Cinnamon Cookies from the 21-day Sugar Detox Book. They were pretty good! What I love about the "treats" in this book is that I eat one and I'm like okay I feel good. They satisfy that need I'm feeling, but I don't eat them all in one sitting as compared to normal cookies ;).

Happy Friday Everyone!!
Here we come DAY 6!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About me

Flickr Images

Popular Posts

Flickr Images

Popular Posts