Monday, January 6, 2014

Day One: Amen for Paleo Banana Bread!!

DAY ONE

Hey!
Today was day one...and we did awesome! Lol despite my grouch master episodes due to my empty soul feeling with no dessert for after dinner, not to mention it was the first day back to school!

I started my day off with a 5:00 AM workout (I know, crazy.). I haven't seen 5 AM for awhile and my motivation was lacking so I only did 45 minutes of cardio. Thirty minutes on the elliptical with calf raises every ten minutes, and fifteen minutes of incline walking. Despite there being no weight lifting, I'm considering it a success. :)

Here is what we ate today:

These muffins I prepared on Sunday and were pretty good reheated for breakfast. I also made the Herbed Egg Muffins which are found in the 21 Day Sugar Detox book.

Lunch, Paleo Detox Salad from fedandfit.com
We omitted the beets because they were too expensive right now, and added carrots. It was absolutely delicious and filling. I also had an orange with this meal, which is not quite 21 day sugar detox "legal" but was handy when I hurried out the door.

Dinner, Ryan's Soup Creation (butternut squash, curry, coconut milk, onion, cilantro --> he doesn't record recipes)
This was absolutely delicious! I had seconds of it and I am so grateful my husband is a good cook!

When I got home from my night class I desperately needed something that felt like a treat. So I whipped up this 21 day sugar detox approved Paleo banana bread, I have yet to taste it but here is a picture of the glory right out of the oven (thank you Civilized Caveman)!

All of the in text links will take you to the recipes for these items, except for my husbands dinner creation.
Without wonderfully experimentive Paleo cooks I would be severely suffering right now!
Ready for day two? :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

About me

Flickr Images

Popular Posts

Flickr Images

Popular Posts