Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Day Fourteen, Fifteen, & Sixteen: We heart Crepes

DAYS FOURTEEN, FIFTEEN, & SIXTEEN

Hi. So we haven't been doing very good, I mean we haven't consumed any of our NO foods but we also haven't been meal planning and eating a lot of nutrients. I still feel good, but I don't feel as good as I did when I was eating such a wide array of fresh foods every day. Perhaps the key isn't to just get sugar out of your life, but to eat more vegetables, protein, etc. Ryan made a meal plan today though and we went shopping for it so hopefully we will be back on board  this week! This diet is really just starting to become a part of my life and I am excited to continue on this way. I'm even more excited that we figured out together what kind of a lifestyle (food wise) we want to live and that we can pass that on to our future (distant future;)!) children.

The detox has also improved my self control. It really is true when people say that self control is like a muscle, if you don't use it you lose it. And the more often you use it the stronger it gets. Not only am I better able to resist foods that are unhealthy for my body, but I have more motivation to force myself to go to the gym on days I don't want to. 

When Ryan and I tell people what we are doing a lot of people say we are crazy. They ask us "what can you eat?", or say "that sounds miserable." First of all we have SO MUCH FOOD to eat it's insane. I have been introduced to a whole new flavor palette and combinations I would never have imagined. And secondly it's not miserable, I promise :). If you are really struggling with breaking through a weight loss plateau, or getting control of your eating habits in general..I urge you to try it. It is amazing what real whole foods can do for your body :).

I do have a few food pictures to share and a recipe that we made tonight!

Here is a better picture of the Salsa chicken I mentioned in our previous post, all dressed up as a delicious salad:

YUM.

Tonight's dinner was Grain-free Crepes from againstallgrain.com
The crepe on the right we just put cheese on and this one kind of broke :(. The crepe on the left we made a coconut fruit filling for. We put coconut milk, bananas, pears, cinnamon, and ginger in a sauce pan and heated it all together. We filled our crepes with the filling and topped with kiwi's (grocery store splurge!).

This recipe uses coconut flour, which is costly.  But I justify this cost because coconut flour absorbs A LOT of liquid, meaning that recipes call for very little of it. This recipe only called for 3 Tablespoons! And I have never had to use more than 1/4 C in a recipe. It may be an expensive ingredient, but one bag lasts us a really long time! I would definitely recommend investing in some, we like Bob's Red Mill brand.

Late night snack: "Ice Cream" lol. Some creation containing coconut milk, water, ice, cocoa powder, banana, almond extract, and vanilla extract.
Having a high quality blender has really made this detox a lot easier. We love our Blendtec, the investment is worth it!

I am getting SO excited to add oatmeal back into my diet :). The simple pleasures of life ha ha.
Have an excellent, healthy week!




No comments:

Post a Comment

About me

Flickr Images

Popular Posts

Flickr Images

Popular Posts