Saturday, January 18, 2014

Day Twelve & Thirteen: Salsa Chicken, in love!

DAY TWELVE & THIRTEEN

I've been feeling rather unambitious for writing my own workouts lately, maybe because my brain is focused on creating a million other things and I just want someone to tell me what to do in one area of my life lol?
Yesterday I did a phase one workout from Jamie Eason's Livefit trainer on bodybuilding.com. I am strongly considering starting this program in February and completing the whole thing would be a fabulous way to get ready for SUMMER ;). Then this summer when I am done with school I can focus more on getting personal training certified and creating legit workouts. Today I did a workout I found on Pinterest from gritbybrit.com. It was such an awesome workout, my polar heart rate monitor said I burned 640 calories too! See my "motivation" board on Pinterest for more details, I couldn't find the workout on her website but the picture is on Pinterest.

Here is a variety of things I have been eating the last few days:

Green Apples with Almond Butter, new favorite snack! I could just eat the Almond Butter by the spoonful lol, but the apples are nice. Try it :).

Chocolate Smoothie
8 oz Almond Milk
1/2 Banana
1-2 Tbs Cocoa Powder (i don't measure it, I just shake some in)
1 Tsp Vanilla
1 Tbs Chia Seeds
Handful of Spinach (optional, you really do not taste it so load up!)
10-15 Ice Cubes
Blend well.
I've seriously probably made this three times in the last 48 hours ;).

Salsa Chicken, made in the crockpot. I got the idea from Little B's Healthy Habits website but changed it up a bit for us. I didn't use the taco seasoning like she recommended, and I used a Private Selection brand Salsa from Smith's. Read the ingredient list and make sure it sounds like real salsa. It should be low in ingredients, ingredients that you know and have no added sugar.
We served it over Romaine Lettuce with broccoli, a little bit of black beans, cheese, and sour cream. Pick a salsa you like (or make you own), the salsa I picked was way hot like my lips were on fire lol but it was still delicious. I have eaten this multiple times, definitely a recipe I will keep for post detox.

I have been reading a lot of weight loss, weight lifting, and nutrition articles the past couple of weeks. Some promise miracles, some are realistic, and some are completely INSANE. The only real way to get anywhere is to be consistent and don't give up. Make a realistic workout plan and consistently do it, and be consistent with eating nutritionally. It works. Slim-fast, it-works wraps, ace, etc. I mean really? Since when was it so hard to just do something good for your body to lose weight? I did a survey for my marketing class and a lot of people mentioned that they don't have time to achieve their ideal body. I don't doubt that this is a common problem, but you can use your daily activities to help you. Stand up more, walk more, and hell even clean more. Just move and eat real foods.

I'll try to track what I eat better the next few days so I can have a better post :)
Thirteen days sugar free and feeling like a champion ;).






No comments:

Post a Comment

About me

Flickr Images

Popular Posts

Flickr Images

Popular Posts