Thursday, January 16, 2014

Day Ten & Eleven: Can I do this Forever?

DAY TEN & ELEVEN

Long time no post;)!

School is yet again consuming my life, but it will all  be worth it in four more sweet months. I always work Wednesdays and have a full day of school so my food was not that exciting. I stayed on plan, but it was a lot of boiled eggs, fruit, and raw veggies. Being hungry at work made my cravings out of control and I spent a lot of time eyeing up all the goodies that other people were buying ( I work at a grocery store).  So my tip is do not let yourself get hungry, eat eat eat everything you're allowed to on the detox. The foods are so much lower in calories than processed food so you really can eat a TON, do it.

The detox is also forcing  me to find healthy snacks, and I am becoming quite attached to a lot of them. This makes me really excited for post detox knowing that there are healthy alternatives that I enjoy. Sometime I will do a blog post on all of these healthy snacks once I acquire enough pictures :).

This morning I slept in and did not get my workout in until the afternoon. It was Leg Day again and I am so happy to say that I had plenty of energy to do everything I wanted! My body must finally be getting used to using the new foods I am feeding it instead of waiting for a sugar rush from Swedish fish to push through my workouts with.

Here is what I ate today:

Breakfast: French Toast Eggs ( lol I created, named them, and LOVE them)
1 whole egg
3 egg whites
1 tsp vanilla
1/4 banana, thinly sliced
1/4 C blueberries
cinnamon and nutmeg
coconut oil

Heat the coconut oil in your fry pan and add the bananas, let the bananas saute for about a minute. Add your eggs and before they become not runny add your vanilla distributing it evenly. Sprinkle with cinnamon and nutmeg. Meanwhile scoot eggs to one side of fry pan and add blueberries. When eggs are cooked, plate them with blueberries on top. Holy deliciousness!

Lunch: Green Smoothie, spinach banana cocoa powder a 1/4 of a scoop of whey protein (not technically detox allowed) and vanilla. After I had a healthy sized spoonful of Almond Butter ;)

Mid-Afternoon: Boiled egg and baby carrots

Dinner: Shepherds Pie from the 21 Day Sugar Detox Book, by far one of my favorite recipes from the book. Instead of mashed potatoes they used steamed and mashed cauliflower, pure deliciousness. And instead of beef we used ground turkey.

As you can see my husband added an extra large dose of cheese on the top. Though detox approved may not be weight loss approved lol;).

So here we are more than halfway through the detox and I am really starting to think about what I want my diet to look like after this. I do feel satisfied eating this way, and I really do not miss the foods I can't eat that often. But I do like to bake and try all of those fun recipes on Pinterest so I am going to have to find some sort of a balance. I know for sure that my post detox diet is going to contain more fat and more protein. Every time I eat a meal that has a lot of healthy fats in it my mental clarity and energy is amazing. And I felt like my biceps looked bigger last night, lol I even made Ryan watch me flex ha! I plan to continue thinking about this :).

Best Wishes!

1 comment:

  1. Shepherd pie actually looks really good! Maybe cause it had a slab a cheese on it. I may have to try that one.

    ReplyDelete

About me

Flickr Images

Popular Posts

Flickr Images

Popular Posts