Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Day Nine: I want a real milkshake

DAY NINE

Hi everyone :).
Today was day nine, a big day for cravings for Ryan and I but we have held strong. If we were each on our own I think we would have broke by now so there is definitely a lot to be said for doing this as a family, group, or with a partner. Accountability and support is huge. This morning I did a the Lift workout from Ashley Conrad's Clutch Cut program on bodybuilding.com. I have done this workout before and as always it was intense! Most of what I have learned has come from following a TON of different workout programs and philosophies, don't be afraid to experiment with what works best for your body. Changing things up often is also a great way to keep and enhance results.

Here is what I ate today:

Breakfast: Love me some Green Smoothies! This one had almond milk, ice, blueberries, banana, and kale.

Lunch: One egg and two egg whites scrambled with half of a grapefruit and some slices of cheese.
Just an FYI I don't eat egg whites because I think egg yolks are bad for you. Whole eggs are extraordinarily healthy for you and I encourage you to consume them more frequently. I personally don't like egg yolks and I try to save a few calories this way.

Dinner: Brazilian Curry Chicken from paleoomg.com

Delicious, we made a few modifications to the recipe. And served it with cabbage and full fat sour cream on top, simply because it was in the fridge and needed used.

After dinner I made us chocolate "milkshakes" lol.
Almond milk, banana, cocoa powder, vanilla, and a lot of ice all blended together.
I think I will be keeping this treat combo for after the detox! Hopefully someday I can kick the habit of feeling like I need a treat everyday, at least on the detox I know that the "treats" are all nutritious for me.

I am also doing market research for my marketing class this semester, and it is fitness related so please please please take and share my survey:


We are almost HALF way through this!!!

Lots of Love!

No comments:

Post a Comment

About me

Flickr Images

Popular Posts

Flickr Images

Popular Posts