Monday, January 13, 2014

Day Eight: Positive Vibes :)

DAY EIGHT

Helloooo. Today I finished my internship so it is a glorious day :). Not that I didn't love my internship I just am looking forward to having that time to focus more on my classes this semester. As a thank you, I wanted to make caramel brownies for the staff at the vet clinic. Only I knew there was no way I could trust myself to make them while on the detox so I enlisted my sister and gave her all of the ingredients. But when she gave me the brownies this morning she also returned the half unused bag of chocolate chips. That was VERY dangerous lol! But I wadded it up in a bag and threw it in my backseat......

No workout for me today, had my internship and classes until 8 PM. Gotta do what you can!

Here is what I ate today:

Breakfast: One egg and three egg whites, a slice of cheese, half of a grapefruit.
Healthy can be simple!

Lunch: I was very unprepared today and didn't really eat lunch, except for the 21 Day Sugar Detox Pumpkin muffin I stole from my mother (who works on campus). The Pumpkin muffins are featured in the book and I will definitely be making them soon, they were delicious!

Afternoon Snack: 1/2 banana, and a slice of mozzarella

Dinner: Curry Roasted Butternut Squash and Chickpeas from Delish.com. This is officially going on my favorite dinners list. 
I should note the detox recommends limiting the foods in this dinner (butternut, chickpeas) to 1/2 cup servings per day. I am sure Ryan and I gorged ourselves beyond those allowances but at least it is all healthy whole foods and not brownies or Mountain Dew.

We also ate Chocolate Chia Seed pudding when I got home from class.

My energy is still through the roof and I'm loving it. But more than that I am loving how positive my mood has been. I didn't think that the junk foods I was consuming on a daily basis could affect my mindset so much. I have so much more motivation for the future and everything I want to accomplish. And most of all I am filled with an overwhelming sense of hope and peace. I know that I will most likely be adding back in some of the NO foods and having/making treats on occasion but I'm hoping I can find a greater balance than I had before.

Looking forward to Day 9, new foods, and adventures!



No comments:

Post a Comment

About me

Flickr Images

Popular Posts

Flickr Images

Popular Posts